Friday, September 19, 2008

The rabbi and the priest

A priest and a rabbi were sharing a compartment on a train.

After a while, the priest put down his book and said to the Rabbi, "I know that in your religion you're not supposed to eat pork... but have you really never ever tasted it?"

The rabbi closed his newspaper and replied, "I must tell you the truth. Yes I have, on the odd occasion."

The rabbi then had his turn to interrogate. He asked, "I know that in your religion you're supposed to be celibate... but..."

The priest interrupted, "Yes, I know what you are going to ask, and yes, I have succumbed to temptation once or twice."

The two continued with their reading and there was silence for a while.

Then the rabbi peeked around his newspaper and said, "Better than pork, isn't it?"

No comments: