Sunday, May 4, 2008

shop talk

A dedicated shop steward was on holidays and decided
to check out the local brothels.

When he got to the first one, he asked the madame, "Is this a union
house?"

"No, I'm sorry it isn't."

"Well, if I pay you $100, what cut do the girls get?"

"The house gets $80 and the girls get $20."

Mightily offended at such unfair dealings, the man stomped off down
the street in search of a more equitable shop.

His search continued as long as you want to draw things out, until
finally he reached a brothel where the madame said, "Why yes, this is a
union house."

"And if I pay you $100, what cut do the girls get?"

"The girls get $80 and the house gets $20."

"That's more like it!" the man said. He looked around the room and
pointed to a stunningly attractive redhead. "I'd like her for the
night."

"I'm sure you would, sir," said the madame, gesturing to a fat
fifty-year-old woman in the corner, "but Ethel here has seniority."

No comments: